Monday, July 16, 2012

Girl's World Forum: Day 5, in a nutshell

My bags are packed, and I'm ready to go....
My eyes are red and puffy, and I'm oh so tired....
This was fun, but alas, all good things must come to an end....

This morning we had some great networking time.  We got to meet people from many wonderful organizations that can and will help us out in the long run.  After that, the adults did some networking and fact finding in a session.  The next thing, I think, was the best part of the day.

A couple days ago, I gave my girls a homework assignment.  At the time, neither one knew what they wanted to do for the take action project.  I told them to look at each MDG and come up with 3 projects for each.  There's a catch though- one project needed to be easy, and something that they could walk out of here right now and just do.  The second one was something that would need massive amount of funding and planning.  The third one needed to be something so outlandish that it might not be feasible.  I'm glad I gave them that assignment, because when we met today, they were able to put in motion the plans for their projects.

We had a brief free moment and took a trip down the the John Hancock building with our friends from Ireland (if you guides read this, HIYA!).  It was quite wonderful, and I am especially proud of one special guide who concord her fear of heights and went up to the 94th floor with us!

The day was finished with our closing ceremony and a little dance party.  Now, my throat is soar from all the screaming, and it is past my bed time.  Tomorrow, we fly home, and the real work begins.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Due to spammers, all comments are now moderated. Spam comments will automatically be deleted. "Real" comments will be published :-)