Sunday, July 15, 2012

Girl's World Forum: Day 3, in a nutshell

The best word that I can think of to describe today would be awe.  I am in sheer awe of what the girls in my group accomplished today.  The nutshell version for is all I have time for....

Today was our take action day.  My group went to work on a community garden with Chicago Cares.  There were two gardens, and we split up.  My half worked on the abundance garden.  When I have time, I will go into detail, but the really short version- there was a section of the garden that began as nothing, and ended up as something beyond amazing.

Our day was finished up with International Night.  We were allowed to share with everyone a song or dance if wanted to do.  Going back to my word of the day, awe, I think the following video sums it up.  This video is what the ladies from Africa did it.  They all came together and did this for us.


Amazing, right?!  What was more amazing was the wonderful woman from Texas who completely made my day (you know who you are, and if you read this, thanks for understanding how to drink REAL iced tea!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Due to spammers, all comments are now moderated. Spam comments will automatically be deleted. "Real" comments will be published :-)