Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Songs We Are Using

If you do a Google search and type in "girl scout songs," you will be amazed at how many there are! I remember learning quite a few during my years as a Girl Scout, but not as many as the search turned up. Daisies are primarily 5 and 6 year olds, so they might not remember a lot of songs, hence why we limited it to 4 (5 if you count the friendship song).


DAISY HAPPY FACE SONG
Tune: Brownie Smile Song
I've something in my little hand that you just cannot see...
It's very very special and it's now a part of me.
The Girl Scout Daisies showed me how to put it into place...
And when I clap my little hands you'll see my HAPPY FACE!!!
Motions:
First line: Cup both hands together, palms together
Second line: Bring cupped hands to chest over heart
Third line: Open hands and cover face with open hands
Fourth line: Clap on the word “clap” then place hands under chin and smile

DAISY SCOUT SONG
Tune- Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
Daisy Scouts are bright and gay,
See us work, and see us play.
We can dance, and we can sing.
We can do most anything.
We have fun, and help each day.
Daisy Scouts are here to stay.

I'M A LITTLE DAISY
Tune- I'm a Little Teapot
I'm a little Daisy, dressed in blue
I am a Girl Scout, you are too
When I go to meetings, I sing and shout
I love being a Daisy Girl Scout!
Motions-
I'm a little... hands together, at side of face, head tilted.
dressed in... hands pick up hem of uniform smock
I am a Girl Scout...make the GS sign
you are too... point to neighbors
When I go...hands out, palms up
I sing and shout...hands cup around mouth
I love... point to heart
Daisy Girl Scout...clap once on each word

DAISY BINGO
Sung to the tune of Bingo, sung 5 times, each time replacing a letter with a clap
There was a girl who had some fun
And Daisy was her name-o
D-A-I-S-Y, D-A-I-S-Y, D-A-I-S-Y,
And Daisy was her name-o!



FRIENDSHIP SONG (with all 8 verses)

Make new friends,
but keep the old.
One is silver,
the other is gold.

A circle is round,
it has no end.
That's how long,
I will be your friend.

A fire burns bright,
it warms the heart.
We've been friends,
from the very start.

You have one hand,
I have the other.
Put them together,
We have each other.

Silver is precious,
Gold is too.
I am precious,
and so are you.

You help me,
and I'll help you
and together
we will see it through.

The sky is blue
The Earth is green
I can help
to keep it clean

Across the land
Across the sea
Friends forever
We will always be



So far, the girls have done an amazing job learning the songs. As I said once before, these girls are SMART! Maybe during the second semester of school we'll switch it up and learn 4 new songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Due to spammers, all comments are now moderated. Spam comments will automatically be deleted. "Real" comments will be published :-)