Sunday, December 4, 2011

Meeting Ten

Today's big, huge, massive lesson learned- if one of you is sick, get help from a parent. Our fearless leader had a bad case of the sniffles, so I was left to fend for myself. We've gotten so into our routine that it was easy for me to forget that while one of us reads with the girls, the other one does the basic set up. And, being by myself during the meeting, I felt like I was so mean the whole time. Oddly enough, the girls had a blast!

The girls loved the turkeys. I challenged them a little with it. I printed out the petals on their respective colors of paper and set them out on the tables. We reviewed the law and I told them that they had to make sure to get all ten petals on their turkey. A few of them put the same color on more than once, so they had to go back and figure out which ones they were missing.

Making the turkeys went by quickly, so we had a secondary activity to do for them as well. We had been collecting toilet paper rolls and used some of them to make Indians. It was a simple craft, but easy for the girls to do and really got them into the Thanksgiving spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Due to spammers, all comments are now moderated. Spam comments will automatically be deleted. "Real" comments will be published :-)