Thursday, May 17, 2012

Spring, Meeting 7

Today was a sad day... it was our last meeting for the school year.  At least we'll have a few outings this summer, but still, it was bittersweet.  We started out our meeting by doing a short practice for our court of awards.  It wasn't anything fancy, just a basic ceremony.  After that, we got down to the FUN stuff, I mean super fun.

We have been lucky enough to have been asked to be pen pals to some Girl Guides in the Czech Republic (hi Joanna!).  Seriously, how awesome is that?!  Our girls were floored when we pointed out how far away they are.  Our first batch of letters that we did was more like a little get to know you type thing.  We made a worksheet for them to fill in that had the basics- my name is, I am _ years old, my favorite color is, my favorite food is, my favorite book is, I love Girl Scouting because and I love Georgia because.  On the bottom, we left a space for them to color a picture of themselves.  My fab Co and I each did one too.  I think our girls did a better job with their self portraits than we did!  We made a cute little cover sheet with some "facts" about Georgia.  My husband, the self proclaimed Georgia know-it-all, thinks we covered it all (GA peaches, Coke, Juliette Gordon Low birthplace, GA Aquarium, and NSB Kingsbay).  We finished our meeting playing games, since this was our last meeting.  Of course, we had to go back to their favorite, red rover.  I really am beginning to regret doing that back in September, BUT, they loved it.

Our court of awards was short and sweet, but lovely.  I knew our girls were learning as the earned their badges, but I didn't realize how much they had learned over the course of the past year.  It finally hit me that we've done an entire journey, petals and a special badge.  On top of all of this, we'll be earning the Games Go Global badge which is a very special badge from WAGGS.  We really did accomplish a lot this year, and I am so immensely proud of our scouts!

Next year shall be very interesting, and I can't wait!  Up next, SU day camp, and, I'm going to Chicago to participate in the Girl's World Forum with Scouts and Guides from all over the world!

2 comments:

  1. Hi!!! So fun, we are putting together a little Czech care package for the girls hope to get it to you by the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girls are gonna love it, I can't wait!!! Thank you again for offering to do this with us, this is just beyond amazing.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. Due to spammers, all comments are now moderated. Spam comments will automatically be deleted. "Real" comments will be published :-)